February 12
Mike folded under the pressure of a hungry stomach. He had plans to go to his nephew’s basketball game in St. Cloud so I reminded him to pack snacks and dinner. He did, but it wasn’t enough. Later during his commute home the growling tummy got the best of him and he stopped to get something to eat. I have not even asked him what he stopped for, but I am sure he was very frugal with his money.
Earlier in the evening he had to fork over $5 to pay to enter the basketball game. (Since when did high school JV basketball require an admittance fee?) That fee was out of his control and he certainly wasn’t going to say, Sorry I can’t it is Frugal February. But, once you break out that wallet the challenge of no spending is out the window, so I can see why it was easy for him to get fast food on the way home.
February 14
The best thing of Frugal February…. Mike handcrafted flowers to bring home to Maggie, Ben and me. Our favorite flower is gerbera daisy… and he constructed three of them. They are wonderful. I will take a picture and post soon.
February 18
I sold baby room artwork on craigslist, my mom convinced me that since I sold some things I should be able to spend that money. It didn’t take a lot of convincing as I quickly swept out the door and headed to the nearest restaurant.. It was great to be out on a semi-date with Mike (Ben was at my mom’s but Maggie wanted to come to dinner with us). For the first time, though, Mike and I had to really budget what we could order off the menu because we had limited “craigslist” funds.
February 20
Most of you know I LOVE fountain soda…Caffeine free diet Coke is my drink of choice. Almost every Super America in my area has a great fountain soda selection, which includes CF DC. In January while contemplating Frugal February I was concerned how I could go the whole month of February without my fountain soda treat. If you frequent SA, you know about their Speedy Rewards program. After you buy 5 or 6 fountain drinks you get a coupon for a free one. I had been saving up my coupons, so I would be able to use them in the month of February. Also as a “Speedy” customer I had accumulated a lot of points, which I was able to redeem for an SA gift card, valued at $25! Frugal February has been a bit easier for me being able to use the freebie coupons and gift card.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment