Monday, December 29, 2008

Frugal February is coming back!

We enjoyed (well, that is a strong word) frugal February so much last year that Mike and I agreed to do it again this year. We will follow the same parameters as last year:
No spending money. Basic groceries are allowed and basic necessities in our life (toilet paper, soap, gasoline) are okay. Last year someone said wine was a basic necessity when I complained that I could not buy wine in February. While I think it is a great additive to my life, I did not agree it was a necessity. I think I will make sure to buy a bottle in January, though.

Why do we do this? It began as a challenge to see if we could go the whole month spending no money. And we wanted to see what we would save (over $700). It was great to have a bit of a detox after the New Year last year and we feel another detox is in order.

I will post a daily diary beginning Feb 1.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

If wine makes the cut... migh I recommend Three Buck Chuck. The label wine of Trader Joe's. I think the real name is Charles Shaw. Plenty of varieties, decent flavor, minimal headache and low low price.

Anonymous said...

Frugal February is just about here. Can you believe a year ago already Maggie was the flower girl in our wedding. How fast time flies. Say hi to the family and maybe during frugal February we could host a dinner and game night or something...