Tuesday, November 27, 2007
To accessorize or not
Maggie loves to play with “jewels.” Her strands of colored beads and bangle bracelets often adorn her neck and wrists. Even as a baby she would always reach for my earrings, watch or ring. She loves them so much that she often sneaks into the vanity and looks at my things. Today I found a watch in Ben’s room, so I knew she had gone into my things and actually took jewelry and accessories out. I went to the vanity to find the drawers pulled out and a few of my accessories pulled out. As I was putting things away I was thinking about all the accessories I have and wondering why I keep some of them. I do not accessorize – I rarely change my earrings or necklace (if even wearing one). I have one of those little organizers with different sections for the things – like a tackle box. So I put one of my better earrings in it’s proper spot and was looking for the match. I was getting worried because it is a gold loop with diamonds in it. A pair of earrings Mike gave me for my golden birthday. I thought Maggie must have taken it. I found a similar one, but not even close to the match. – it was a platinum loop with one diamond in it. Now, between the gold ones and the platinum ones, those are about the only earrings you will ever see me wear, so I thought it odd to find a gold one and a platinum one. And then I thought, So, what the heck am I wearing in my ears? I glanced into the mirror and sure enough I had one platinum and one gold one garnishing my ears! It has to be WEEKS since I last changed earrings, so it has been weeks that I have been going around with these two mismatched earrings. See, I told you I am not a good with accessories!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment