Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Hi! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

We went to visit Santa on Thursday. Maggie was so excited.... until she got there. At that point she started to cry A LOT!!!

Have you ever tried to have a conversation with two little kids? It is challenging and hilarious all at the same time.

I sat down with them and said I would type and email a letter to Santa. Here is how it went down:

ME: Hey you guys, I will type a letter to Santa and email it to him.

BEN: Okay.

ME: What do you want me to write?

BEN: I want it to say "B"

ME: Okay, but what do you want from Santa. What do you want to tell him?
BEN: I want Oscar to write a letter, too. To Santa.
ME: What do you want your letter to say?
BEN: Happy Birthday Santa.
ME: Ok, what else.
BEN: I want Maggie to send a letter to Santa."

ME: Okay, she will have a chance, too. You first.
By the way, Ben is running around in circles at this point and completely uninterested.
ME: When we write a letter to Santa we tell him what you want for Christmas.
ME: And we tell him if you have been bad or good.
BEN: "I didn't been bad."

I want a Thomas toy for Christmas.
A kitchen
A plate
An Oscar toy
Chocolate milk
Bye Mom, I am going to go poop.
BEN: BYE SANTA!!!!
Love Ben


ME: Okay, Maggie what do you want to say to Santa? (Maggie is totally paying attention to my typing and me.)

Dear Santa,
I want shoes
Happy birthday
Reindeer
A toy
Radio
Dada
A DOLLY!
A baby
ME: Okay, Should I put bye Santa or Love Maggie?
MAGGIE: No, I say more.
Burger
Shoes

Bye Santa!
Maggie

Ben is done in the bathroom and has come back. He is done with his wish list.


ME: Oh, we need to tell Santa where we live.
BEN: We live at our favorite house called our red house.

Cheers!!!!!

No comments: