The second part of the month is going better than the first. I have been able to successfully avoid any accidental expenditure. We do continue to get strange looks and comments from some people when we tell them about FF, but most people think it is cool and are intrigued by the concept. We have influenced at least five other couples to participate in a Frugal February of their own.
One thing FF does for sure is make the month go by a lot more slowly, so if you ever feel like the world is spinning too fast, take a step back and stop spending money for the month. You will have enjoyed a nice, slower paced world for a few weeks. We have been spending a lot more time at home (obviously) and have had a few great movie nights with Ben and Maggie. We have watched “Honey I shrunk the Kids,” Willy Wonka…” the 1971 version, and “Home Alone 3.” It has been a great time.
In what was definitely a last minute decision, Ben, Maggie and I stopped by the Minnesota Zoo (we have an annual membership). It was a last minute decision made in the car, so I didn’t have a snack. We went to the zoo anyway. It was SO tempting to grab a bag of the scrumptious caramel corn, but the kids knew not to ask. When we go to the zoo we usually get caramel corn and take the monorail around. The total comes to about $10, so I feel good about saving $10. We enjoyed the zoo just as much as any time we have gone and had caramel corn and a mono ride. And I even found some granola bars hidden in the bottom of the stroller bag. Even if they were old they tasted fresh and Ben and Maggie were just happy to have a snack. Mike says it is child abuse to feed them stale granola bars… I say it builds character. Can you imagine what a Survivor Castaway would do for a stale granola bar?
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ya know what... i think there is a movement waiting to happen here.
I say you post this as an event out of Facebook. Can you imagine what would happen if thousands of people did this. Very cool.
I'm to ampped up on the idea to wait until FF10, so we'll need another adjective Miserly May, Stingy September ooohh... how about Cheap-tober.
Keep the faith... 8 days to go.
Post a Comment