May 8 ‘06 -- Mike is out of town for a week. I have not lost my mind yet because luckily I have a lot of people around who are willing to lend a hand, watch the kids, give me adult conversation, etc. I can tell you it is very hard though and I have to give single parents a lot of credit! And parents who are mostly single parenting due to a spouse that travels or is on military duty. I am tired, though. Oddly enough the house is not nearly as messy as when Mike is home :-) which is strange because he truly is not a messy person. ANYWAY... I am having fun with the kids and we are doing a lot of things to keep us busy. We have been doing a lot of visiting, running a lot of errands, and playing at the park.
With the kids in bed and Mike gone I have more free time at night. I have been selling a lot of stuff on Craigslist.... I am getting rid of some baby items, but not a lot because I still think there will be another baby someday. Mike thinks I am crazy. And I have been spring cleaning... Swapping out warm clothes for summer clothes. Going through summer stuff has been a great laugh. In summer 2003 I was pregnant with Ben, in summer 2004 I was pregnant with Maggie, in summer 2005 I was still trying to shed the prego weight from Maggie. So here we are in 2006 and I am looking at a summer line of clothing from 2002 --- BAD style! And thanks to Oprah and all her “what not to wear” shows pretty much all of my wardrobe is out the window. So I need to keep selling stuff on CL so I can buy a new fashionable summer line of clothing. Thank God I don't have to buy/wear business attire!
As some of you know Mike and I don't go out a whole lot. For Christmas ‘05 Kristen (a/k/a KW) gave Mike and me a coupon book good for several nights of baby sitting. Finally in April we used our first coupon! KW detailed the evening in a very funny diary entry. Click HERE to read all about it. You are in for a few laughs.
Need a few more laughs... Check out the pictures this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment