12/12/2005 I have officially lost control of the neatness of my house. I guess I feel a little proud that I have been able to maintain some control up to this point. I have always been a tidy and organized person. Some of that tidiness went out the window with the birth of Ben... And then more so when Maggie was born. But overall I was still able to maintain some sense of organization. So maybe it is the culmination of being inside so much, paired with the busyness of the season and topped off with a very sneaky 11-month old, whatever it is, my house is (in my mind) a disaster. A vhs tape on the kitchen floor; a toothbrush in the dining room; snow boots in the bathroom and children’s books and toys strew throughout the house (THE WHOLE HOUSE), including the clothes chute.
In the past I have been able to corral the mess to a few local areas -- Ben’s room, the playroom and the kitchen, but now since I have officially lost control I would classify the whole house as the ranch and the horses are wild. I really hope I am not the only one who feels the overwhelming sense of losing control of the tidiness of a house. I guess I always picture my friend’s houses as neat and tidy all the time... And toys always picked up and put in their place. So I have an announcement to make... If you come over, my house will be clean in the sense of “sanitized” if you want to call it that, but it will be a disaster with stuff strewn everywhere. I am too tired to pick it up anymore. So if you are over for a visit and find a bar of soap in the couch cushions, don't be alarmed... Just set it on the end table next to the box of cereal. Don't ask me how either got there, because I would not know. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment